PTA stands for “Parent Teacher Association.” It is a national organization and many schools across the nation have a PTA organization on their campus. The mission of PTA is to bring teachers and parents together to meet the needs of children. PTA is many people working to create “one voice” for our students.
At Washington, our PTA is over 100 years old! We are one of the oldest PTA’s in Southern California! For over 100 years, parents have been volunteering their time to bring the best opportunities to our children. Currently, our PTA organizes events to raise funds and provide programs that include art instruction, field trips, classroom supplies, and assemblies. Your dues, your volunteer hours, and your donations allow us to support and enrich our children’s education at Washington School.
Back to School is an exciting time for our students. PTA will be hosting many events over the next several months. Our goal is to support our teachers and staff and continue to provide additional enrichment to our students throughout the school year.
Upcoming Events & Activities:
September 14th- Movie Night
Join us for an outdoor screening of
The Lego Batman Movie
Movie starts at 7:30pm
Scholastic Book Fair- October 15-20
Fall Festival- October 20th
Sign up on Bloomz to keep up to date, click on the flyer below for instructions
Here’s why we work so hard:
- We fund the gap and provide $14,000 in arts instruction and supplies.
- We ensure our students get to participate in field trips by paying $15,000 to cover all of the buses and
- We sponsor educational activities such as the Hour of Code, Washington Learning Garden, and Artfest!
- We provide direct financial support to the Library and Computer Lab.
- We sponsor activities like dances, movie nights, and the walking club to enrich our students lives.
How You Can Help, As Easy a 1, 2, 3:
1. Become a PTA Member help us reach our 350 member goal.
2. Support our 4 Main Fundraisers this year:
Direct Giving - We Reached Our Goal!
Fall Festival - $8,000 Goal in October to fund Field Trips
Read-a-thon - $7,000 Goal in January to fund Field Trips & Library Books
Walk-a-thon - $7,000 Goal in March to fund Arts Instruction
3. Volunteer! Be a true Super Hero and volunteer. Sign-ups are posted in front of the office, on Bloomz, or through your Room Representative.
Hope to see you at the upcoming events!
Washington PTA Executive Board